Across the UK, there are some 55,000 boys and girls on waiting lists to join the adventure of Scouting. Mynydd Isa Scout Group maintains a waiting list for membership, which is inclusive and open to all.
In the event of any of our Group’s sections reaching maximum capacity, the waiting list policy is invoked:
Spaces in a Section will be allocated in the following order of priority:
- Children who are already members of a younger Section of the Group
- Children who have siblings already in our Scout Group
- Children of Group Executive Committee members
- Children who are already members of Scouting and move into our area
- Children of members of our catchment area of Mynydd Isa including children or siblings of former Group Members
Children of Leaders in the Group are outside of the waiting list policy as we firmly believe that if you are volunteering that we will go above our normal numbers to ensure that a leaders child is secured a place at the Scout Group.
We take into account the age of children on any waiting list in order to maximise each child’s time in a section. If all the above things are equal (age being approximate) then the length of time they have been on the waiting list will be used as the deciding factor.
Scouting is great fun for the adults too so if you could help make the fun and adventure happen for local youngsters why not join us and help give the experience of Scouting to our members.
Join here: Join us!