Group ‘One Fund For All’ support
1st Mynydd Isa Scout Group is committed to providing opportunities for all young people to engage with scouting in accordance with the policies of The Scouts, including the Association’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
To meet this, we provide a ‘One Fund For All’ financial support, administered in accordance with the guidelines set out below:
- Generally limited to youth members under the age of 18 years
- Grants are available for events and camps
- Grants are available to support purchase of uniforms
- Grants are available for any other purpose considered worthy of support by the Group Scout Leader, in conjunction with the Executive Committee, in benefitting a youth member or adult volunteer.
The Group understands the sensitive nature of these matters and maintains confidentiality, dignity and self-esteem.
- Per event: Maximum grants of £100 per individual or 50% of costs whichever is the lower amount.
- Per financial year: £150 per individual. Requests that exceed £100 considered on a case-by-case basis, and normally must have external funding.
- Applicants may be required to provide evidence of financial hardship for beneficiaries
- Applications to be submitted at least 4 weeks before the event/camp takes place by contacting the Section Leader, giving details of the financial assistance required, the amount or percentage they can afford of the camp or trip and evidence of financial hardship as per the list above.
- The Section Leader will inform the Group Scout Leader who will discuss with one of the Group Management Team, which consists of the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. The Section Leader or GSL will pass the decision on the level of support awarded to the applicant.
A record of each successful award is on file in the records maintained by the Group Treasurer.
The Executive Committee will review the total figure awarded during any financial year and if this exceeds the amount in the approved budget then can determine to increase the amount available in the fund or put on hold all applications for the remainder of that financial year.